The world’s finest quality Rose Hip Seed Oil is found in the small, landlocked African mountain Kingdom of Lesotho.
Wild Rose Hip fruits are ripened on the plant before they are harvested and collected for processing. The small internal seeds are removed from the skins and hairy fibres before cold pressing to extract the nutritious oil. An enormous quantity of Rose Hip seed is needed to produce the superior, restorative skin oil as the seeds contain only 3% oil. The oil is characteristically a very rich bright orange colour, but contrary to belief, Rose Hip skins are not responsible for this colour as they are not present in the extraction process.
The Rose Hip industry in Lesotho ensures ethical sourcing by providing a sustainable income to their workers. Fair payment procedures are monitored and safeguarded by the local councils.
66 kg of dry Rose Hip fruits are required to obtain enough seed to produce only 1 litre of pure oil.
- Rich in essential fatty acids and carotenoids including lycopene, a powerful anti-ageing antioxidant to assist in skin renewal and repair
- Rehydrating, moisturising and revitalising to dry skin
- Nourishes and repairs razor damaged skin
- Reduces the appearance of premature ageing skin, wrinkles, crow’s feet and fine lines
- Brings soothing relief to sun and wind damaged skin
- Encourages regeneration and renewal of skin cells and is effective against stretch marks and scarring
- Protects the integrity of skin from harmful elements such as pollution, chemicals and harsh weather conditions
- Soothes irritated and distressed skin
- Promotes a vital and healthy complexion